Following on from our recent stories about how HorseWorld’s CRAP BOSS, Managing Director Mark Owen, has been CRACKING THE WHIP and forcing workers to send in letters in favour of the charity’s planning applications – due to be considered today – here’s the full list showing which of the 72 supporters who wrote to Bath & North East Somerset Council are linked to the award-winning Whitchurch equine centre…
Employees, volunteers etc who didn’t declare their interest:
- AMY WILLIAMS (Marketing/Communications Assistant?)
- ANDREA MOUNTAIN (Unknown role)
- DAWN PARKER-WATKINS (Wife of Jerry Watkins?)
- EMILY MITCHARD (Community & Corporate Fundraiser)
- EMMA BURT (Recent volunteer)
- IAN RICHLEY (Partner at Smith & Williamson, where Trustee Mike Neale is also Partner)
- JERRY WATKINS (Director of National Equine Welfare)
- JULIE SCARRETT (Marketing Assistant)
- KAREN HARDWICK (Visitor Centre Yard Manager)
- KAYLEIGH MACLEOD (Training Groom)
- KIM POUNSBERRY (Education Worker)
- KIRSTIE SMITH (Groom/Visitor Centre Assistant)
- MARG STENNER (Trustee)
- MARCUS LEE KEARTON (Equine Welfare Groom)
- NIKKI BRIDGES (Director of Finance)
- REBECCA HOPKINS (Director of Human Resources)
- SAMANTHA GREATBANKS (Marketing & Communications Manager)
- SAMANTHA GROVER (Stable Assistant)
- SHARON CREWE (Visitor Centre Coordinator)
Employees, volunteers etc who did declare their interest:
- ALISON RAWLING (Worked at HW for 5 years)
- DEBBIE LINTON (Volunteers at HW)
- JANET PERRNS (Fundraising Manager until recently)
- MARK ROGERS (“Worked for HW for 26 years”)
- PAULINE REED (“Recently started working for the charity”)
- VICKY GREENSLADE (Visitor Centre Yard Assistant Manager)
Other supporters who did declare an indirect interest:
- ANNETTE LINTON (Daughter volunteers at HW)
- MICHAEL TOMS (Local supplier)
- N.J. ROBERTSON (Local vet)
- V CAMERON (Former volunteer)
That’s heading towards HALF of the written support for HorseWorld’s half-baked development plans coming directly from, err… people involved in running HorseWorld! And that’s just who cropped up without any particularly deep digging!
Of course, no one should be prevented from putting across their opinion just because of where they work – but why hide your connection to an organisation that wants to undertake such a massive development? Unless the idea is to deliberately give the impression of being impartial local voices…
That’s certainly what the charity’s cash-burning senior management might like BANES to think its dealing with!
++ STOP PRESS ++ STOP PRESS ++ STOP PRESS ++ ++ STOP PRESS ++ STOP PRESS ++
We have had word that the HorseWorld planning applications have been dropped from today’s Development Control Committee meeting, which was due to take place at 2pm.
We will try and confirm exactly what is going on and report back as soon as we hear something.
The planning meeting is off. They’re leaving it till they’ve got their housing allocations sorted in the BaNES Core Strategy. Whenever…..
Meanwhile, the other side of Stockwood Lane, Hitchins Ltd have got the barristers in to appeal against double refusal of permission to build over the fields that separate Whitchurch village from Stockwood. That hearing’s on now – at the Bath City ground at Twerton Park. Expect Pickles to rule on it sometime next spring.
Cheers Pete – have just had an interesting conversation with an officer with regards the HorseWorld applications, will scribble a brief update shortly.
In the meantime, that Hitchins stuff sounds very interesting!
Readers may be interested in this blog post by Pete on the subject:
Thanks. I’ve added an update post today – and a reciprocal ‘HorseWorld’ link!
Pingback: BACK END OF A PANTO HORSE GATE: THAT LAUGHABLE LAWYER’S ATTEMPT AT A THREATENING LETTER IN FULL! | The Bristolian