Ahoy there, shipmates – the latest issue of Bristol’s finest muckraking newspaper is now being distributed across the city as we speak!
This edition is packed full of exposés of the overpaid mediocrities running our fair town, with the focus on ‘hands-on but light touch’ MILLIONAIRE MAYOR George Ferguson and his scuttling around overseas at our expenses cooking up development deals with his old business cronies.
There’s also the scoop that Bristol City Council has brought in KILLER COMPANY ATOS – notorious for throwing disabled people off benefits – to manage its workers’ occupational health; a report on shady Facilities Management accounting and MISSING MARKETS MONEY; and news that senior officers don’t know how much of our money they’re spending on CUTS CONSULTANTS.
Throw in a round-up of how UNION BUREAUCATS are betraying ordinary Bristolians, a look at some of the candidates in the upcoming council elections, the story of the POSH NIMBY who tried to shut down a popular pub, and of course the latest entries from SIR GUS HOYTY-TOYTY’S CABINET DIARY, and you have yourself a super, soaraway scandal sheet!
Currently available from:
- Bloom And Curll (Colston Street, BS1 5BB)
- Colosseum (Redcliffe Hill, BS1 6SJ)
- Cornubia (Temple Street, BS1 6EN)
- Foresters Arms (Ashley Down Road, BS7 9JR)
- Hatchet Inn (Frogmore Street, BS1 5NA)
- Hydra Books (Old Market Street, BS2 0EZ)
- Kebele (Robertson Road, BS5 6JY)
- Long Bar (Old Market Street, BS2 0EJ)
- Old Market Tavern (Old Market Street, BS2 0HB)
- Punch Bowl (Old Market Street, BS2 0HB)
- Reckless Engineer (Temple Gate, BS1 6PL)
- Red Lion (Whitehall Road, BS5 9BP)
- Seamus O’Donnells (St Nicholas Street, BS1 1UE)
- Stag And Hounds (Old Market Street, BS2 0EJ)
- Swan With Two Necks (Little Ann Street, BS2 9EB)
- Whitehall Tavern (Devon Road, BS5 9AD)
In addition there are copies around St. Nick’s Market, with St. Paul’s, Bedminster, Windmill Hill, Totterdown, Southville and Kingswood all being covered today or in the next few days. Precise locations will be added as they are confirmed.
++ STOP PRESS ++ STOP PRESS ++ STOP PRESS ++ STOP PRESS ++
Our street team reports back that this edition of The BRISTOLIAN has flown out of their hands so quickly just one day in that they’ve completely run out!
To satisfy the city-wide hunger for real news you can trust, we’ve put ordered a reprint, which will be ready for us to hit Hartcliffe, Knowle West, Sea Mills, Cotham, Hotwells – and other areas not yet covered – next week.
In the meantime, if you can’t wait to get your hands on a paper copy – or your local stockist has already run dry – download a digital version here.
This issue of The BRISTOLIAN was sent to the printers at 4am on Monday. At 11.28am Margaret Thatcher was found dead whilst “reading in bed”.
Coincidence? You decide.